About Arts Earth Partnership
Artists helping Artists help the Planet.
The Arts can lead the way to transforming our planet. We believe that artists and art organizations are amongst the most impactful change-makers of the world. With their influential social and economy power they can drive a regenerative change to positively impact the planet and culture.
This change starts in our arts facilities and offices, moves through our company members, out through our guest artists, into art itself, then onto the community at large where it becomes the culture.
AEP is an environmental sustainable certification program
The AEP Green Arts Certification program is specifically developed for the creative sector, and endorsed by the cities of Los Angeles and Santa Monica. We have been the official administrator of the Los Angeles Green Business Certification program for the Arts & Culture sector for the last 8 years, partnering with Green Seal (Hotels & Lodgings) and Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) (Retail & Restaurants) to form the backbone of the program.
Los Angeles pledged to have all of its city-owned cultural facilities certified as green businesses under AEP and has done so, leading the creative sector toward environmental sustainability, which influences millions of audiences and visitors to embrace greener lifestyles. Both cities have integrated AEP's certification process into their own "official" city green business programs. To date AEP has consulted with over 100 arts & cultural businesses.
AEP was founded by Joel Shapiro, M.D., Founder and Artistic Director of the Electric Lodge and Justin Yoffe, Electric Lodge Board President. The Electric Lodge is one of the first "solar-powered" performing arts facilities in the United States with roughly 30% of its energy powered by the sun and the remaining 70% purchased in the form of wind power from LA DWP's "Green Power" Program.
Justin Yoffe - Executive Director
Julia Lisa - Managing Director
Board of Directors
The AEP Board is comprised of individuals whose passion for the arts and the environment is inspiring. They share our sense of urgency about the need to implement sustainable practices in every aspect of our lives from business to play. They share in the excitement surrounding the fusion of the arts and the environment through the Arts Earth Partnership and by being an integral part of this groundbreaking collective. We turn to them individually and regularly as a body to seek their advice and direction.
Donald De Leon
Han and De Leon
Three Squares, Inc
President - Electric Lodge
Managing Director - Miles Memorial Playhouse
President of Sustainable Concepts International